Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, and is committed to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant state and federal codes along with Orange & Rockland's electric standards, work procedures, and EH&S rules and guidelines.
- Conduct safety talks, provide support and resources.
- Conduct safety audits to ensure that all employees receive mandatory compliance and skills training as required by OSHA and Company specifications.
- Take corrective actions and give timely feedback to staff as necessary including progressive discipline.
- Ensure that personnel time reports are accurate before approval. Certify, account for and approve expenditures for labor, material, supplies, and equipment within prescribed budgets. Verify and approve time sheets, invoices and material sheets for vendors, enforces contractual requirements and enter information into the contractor oversight system.
- Order, coordinate and ensure the availability and timely delivery of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Conduct field visits to analyze and evaluate conditions. For trouble jobs assist in determining a course of action to correct abnormalities found.
- Enforce good housekeeping practices for equipment and work areas. Ensure safety in work procedures and job set-ups.
- Plan, organize, schedule and assure the assignment of personnel to optimize productivity and meet operating goals, and climatic and system conditions.
- With Safety as the primary focus, emphasize professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy and teamwork within the unit to achieve operational excellence and optimize the customer experience.
- This position acts as ''Duty Supervisor'' on a rotating basis, and incumbents must be available to respond to system and Company emergencies when called.
- Participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years related work experience in Planning, Construction or Resource Management Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years related work experience in Planning, Construction or Resource Management.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office, Mainframe & Web based systems.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments.
- Experience with work management system or Outage Management System preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to foster a team spirited work environment in support of Corporate Values.
- Must be able to balance priorities, handle multiple assignments with changing priorities and take decisive action.
- Must have the ability to evaluate, prioritize and respond rapidly to changing conditions.
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret maps, diagrams and prints.
- The ability to work with all levels of management and union personnel is essential. Must be able to effectively lead and manage work crews.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Class A Preferred
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.