Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review Material Planning documentation to assess on-going commodity strategies and requirements.
- Maintain inventory levels based on forecasting, historical trends and customer input to ensure adequate inventory on hand to maintain operations requirements.
- Identify relevant internal and external supply trends with respect to the industry and/or inventory management.
- Develop the necessary analyses to support the various material planning activities as directed by the Material Planning Manager.
- Collect and manage category/supplier/inventory data including consumption data segmentation.
- Monitor new and existing operational developments in a timely manner and determine impact on planning/inventory requirements.
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on market and supply trends including, but not limited to, future supply and demand opportunities, supply risks, and sustainability.
- Develop impact assessments and analyses based on external market forecasts and internal requirements, and provide strategic plans of action.
- Work with Operations to develop forward looking predictive analyses based on projects, consumption and trends.
- Manage methodologies and tools for performance analysis activities. Utilization of analysis in collaboration with Procurement for SRM and CRM meetings.
- Drive the accurate and timely distribution of defined Material Planning reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes and monitor inventory levels and access to the material.
- Provide support to The Company during emergencies, ensuring availability of key materials and equipment.
- Candidate must be available to perform off-hour emergency functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays. Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory and supplier locations, some of which may require overnight travel.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED with 5 years related work experience Degree must be in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Business-related disciplines. Or
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years related work experience Degree must be in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Business-related disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years related work experience Supply Chain inventory control and material management.
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration Required
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action Required
- Able to work collaboratively with other internal and external project team members Required
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments and deadlines Required
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Required
- Must be a self-starter, with a high level of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity Required
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and deliver results Required
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems Required
- Strong project coordination/management and analytical skills Required
- Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills Required
- Experience with process mapping and capable of converting on-paper to Visio Preferred
- Experience with use of Oracle EBS or comparable ERP system Preferred
- Effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external customers and vendors, as well as outside agencies Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Experience in a regulated environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.