Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Technical Associate is responsible for supporting the safe, reliable, environmentally compliant, efficient and economical generation of electricity and/or steam by tracking and analyzing generating station operational data, evaluating equipment performance, developing IT solutions to improve Steam Operations processes and procedures as well as responding to corporate cyber security requirements.
- At Con Edison we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. Ensure commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Leverage technology to identify trends, analyze and interpret data for efficiency improvements in station performance with a goal of moving from time-based monitoring toward condition-based monitoring, and improving efficiency in Steam Services and Station Performance reporting.
- Design, configure and maintain various levels of Dashboards with data from queries in Maximo enterprise asset management platform.
- Design, configure, test, implement, enhance, and support SharePoint sites to meet internal needs (process flow, content structure, information architecture, permissions).
- Develop and maintain Steam Services SharePoint sites for information exchange and reporting.
- Liaison between IT Planning cyber security team, station technical managers and central engineering to ensure all Steam Operations cyber assets are protected and any updates, patches, or scans are performed throughout the organization in a consistent and timely manner.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, IT, or related technical discipline And Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement; Candidates that have participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships for a minimum of six months meet the EP experience requirements.
Relevant Work Experience
- SharePoint proficiency Required
- Must be highly dedicated with strong communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and lead a team Required
- Must be flexible to handle multiple assignments Required
- Knowledge of corporate IT system architecture Preferred
- Knowledge of cyber security industry standards Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Apps Preferred
- Experience in software design and/or implementation Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.