Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supports UOF team in the development of Distributed Energy Resource (DER) projects and enable technology platform to support DSP implementation of distribution level market design, while complementing and enhancing grid operation.
- Supports assessment of cost and resources required for technology deployment associated with DER deployment, grid modernization and DSP technology platform.
- Provides research on technical standards and industry thinking around functions and capabilities required for successful integration of distributed energy resources into the distribution system.
- Facilitates meetings and works with customers, alternative energy providers, and internal business units to identify new business opportunities related to the growth of distributed energy resources, including new revenue models, demonstration projects, customer engagement tools, and a digital marketplace for energy products and services.
- Responsible for participating on various cross-functional teams which influence and identify new business solutions for the utility including; Electrical Engineering, Technical Engineering, Energy Efficiency, AMI and other interfacing departments to adhere to all requirements and time schedules for the completion of REV related work.
- Prepares presentation materials to support communications with various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, Technical Platform and other NYPSC REV working groups, and policy makers.
- Evaluates regulatory commission statements, recommendations and rulings. Particularly as they relate to the NY REV Proceeding and coordinates with various internal organizations on necessary action
- Assists in the preparation of regulatory submissions, reports and interrogatory responses in REV regulatory proceedings and rate cases.
- Represents the Company at NYPSC/NJBPU/PAPUC conferences and working group meetings related to Utility of the Future/REV.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three years related work experience. Or
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Project Management.
Relevant Work Experience
- Should have an understanding of the project management life cycle and a working knowledge of the Project Management Institute's Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK). Required
- Demonstrated work experience performing independent, rigorous research within a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment is required. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and/or MS Project). Required
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information and making recommendations based on that information. Required
- Must have a working knowledge of Company operations and policies. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Work experience that includes the design of electric power systems, technology and supporting systems is preferred. Knowledge of distributed resources and customer related systems a plus. Preferred
- Familiarity with utility system design and construction is preferred. Preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate proceedings, responding to commission orders and responses to interrogatories preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.