Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Is committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures, including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Monitor actual performance versus projected plans on a monthly basis/weekly basis.
- Works in partnership with the Operating department to develop and prepare the Organization's annual five-year Operating, Capital and Human Resource budgets and regulatory updates as required at the section, element, account and activity level. Coordinates with appropriate section managers, department personnel, and other organizations to analyze and develop work plans, develops and maintains supporting documentation and adherence to corporate financial guidelines.
- Perform root cause analysis on cost categories with significant or unanticipated variations and determine/recommend corrective actions.
- Analyze, review and communicate with directors and managers in assigned Operating organizations concerning the department's actual performance, historical comparisons, expense reports, monthly and annual expenditure projections, key performance indicators and other factors and inquiries, as required.
- Provide technical and project guidance to Analysts as required.
- Represent the organization and coordinate with the Financial Services Organization as required.
- Prepare in-depth cost analysis and statistical evaluation of monthly O&R and capital expenditures through the use of computer applications in a manner comprehensible to non-accounting oriented personnel as a means to better monitor costs.
- Prepare financial compliance reviews. Conduct reviews, as required, to verify existence and effectiveness of administrative and financial controls, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop the monthly operating and capital variance reports and analysis for the Operating organization, including updated financial projections and provide recommendations as required.
- Utilize the budgeting systems to develop and analyze operating and capital expenditures. Provide variance explanations and answer financial-related questions pertaining to operational requirements.
- Become an expert on the ePBCS budgeting system and Oracle Supply Chain system.
- Provide support and input in the development, installation and ongoing improvements to the budgetary control systems.
- Assist in the preparation of special regulatory studies, interrogatories, and internal financial studies, reports and requests for information, as necessary.
- Utilizes strong Excel, PowerPoint, & Word computer skills to input and retrieve information from the Company's mainframe financial systems to develop and display actual and budget information in a clear and concise format.
- Prepare and update annual studies and programs, as required.
- Participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Work well under tight deadlines, and heavy workloads particularly during budgeting season.
- Build complex financial models to assist SME's more easily/accurately forecast their projected monthly/yearly spend.
- Present monthly variance explanations and recommendations to senior/executive management.
- Assist departments in all financial aspects of the rate-case process.
- Support collective bargaining agreement negotiations by building complex models to compare financial scenarios for O&R proposals.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance or Economics And 3-5 years' financial experience
- Master's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics And 3-5 year's financial experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, extensive knowledge of budgetary concepts and processes, and general knowledge of regulatory accounting. Required
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems and procedures, the uniform system of accounts, as well as other regulatory requirements and their impact on financial results. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and organizational skills. Required
- Excellent computer skills, with strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications. Required
- Must have familiarity with purchasing processes, including processing purchase requisitions, purchase orders and contract administration. Required
- Work well in teams, be willing and able to lead and participate in cross-functional teams as required, and prioritize and balance various tasks. Required
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Required
- Must be able to communicate and listen effectively and work harmoniously with others in providing and procuring information and assisting in various duties and responsibilities as required. Required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Systems experience with Oracle, ePBCS Planning, PeopleSoft, Work Management Systems and familiarity with processing supply chain transactions is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory and to other Company locations, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.