Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Must possess knowledge of structural design procedures for transformer vaults and associated construction standards.
- Must be familiar with electrical distribution equipment, which includes transformers, network protectors, and cabling associated with underground installations.
- Perform safety talks, OJT's and ensures that safe work practices are followed and environmental considerations in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations are included in structural designs.
- Reviews civil engineering designs and applications as a technical consultant within the Company or the industry in his/her field of specialty.
- Reviews designs by consultants and makes recommendations based upon soil boring and makes technical and economic studies to determine the best design features of the major components of the systems and equipment.
- Assists the Distribution Engineering Department and other areas in the solution of technical problems.
- Represents the department at meeting with customers, contractors and company personnel, as well as conferences when so delegated.
- Supervise Designers in the design, reinforcement and expansion of the electric distribution systems for new business projects.
- Provides instruction and guidance in the development of vault drawings, and bus designs.
- Reviews progress of various projects to ensure their completion in a timely and professional manner.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and assigns work activities to personnel to meet operating needs, customer service requirements and department goals.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering , Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering (or related) And Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 7 years of relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with Engineering Projects Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communications skills to deal with internal and external customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Be flexible in order to handle multiple projects and changing priorities and be able to meet deadlines, Required
- Must have project management skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis and issue engineering reports. Required
- Must have organizational skills, and detailed Required
- Knowledge in Excel, Word, Power Point and windows operating systems. Required
- Must be familiar with computer- aided design systems (CAD) Required
- Oriented exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- This position may require travel to various locations for a meeting and/or field inspections.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.