Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Information Technology is looking for a dynamic individual to join the Digital Factory team within Architecture/Digital Platforms. Con Edison's Digital Factory is building digital products and applications that enable our crews to effectively power one of the largest cities in the world. Our guiding principle is to leverage Agile and Design Thinking to develop a culture of creativity, autonomy, and impact. The Digital Factory's mission is to usher Con Edison into the digital era and we-re looking for curious, talented people to join us on this journey!
- Responsible for the governance and administration of the Blue Prism Robotics Process Automation (RPA) platform.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing multiple ITCMS contractors who are responsible for developing new RPA automations.
- Responsible for the development and day-to-day maintenance of several RPA automations in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for identifying and translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Identify various automation opportunities and work closely with the business and RPA developers to find out the best possible technical solutions.
- Check whether the solutions built by the team meets the client's requirements and make sure that it is bug-free.
- Review PDDs (Process Design Documents) and TDDs (Technical Design Documents) in detail and provide final sign off.
- Work closely with business users and IT peers to design effective business solutions.
- Multitask several competing requests by gathering effective requirements, estimating tasks and managing priorities. Act as a Scrum Master, ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for their staff and ensure that safe work practices are followed and company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree a minimum of three (3) years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management
Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project. Required
- Experience working collaboratively with different project stakeholders, including technical and business teams Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Preferred
- Experience developing automations in Blue Prism or any other RPA tools. Preferred
- Experience in Agile methodology Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability and willingness to travel within the O&R and CECONY territory as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.