Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Steam Ops Planning Manager is responsible for planning activities associated with Steam Station operation, significant capital improvements, outage scheduling, budgetary and cashflow analyses, equipment testing/reporting, Enterprise Risk Management oversight, as well as the procurement, switching, monitoring, storage, and delivery of various fuels. Additionally, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining operational policies and procedures to ensure the effective and timely management of operational issues.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations. Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Acquire knowledge of all applicable procedures.
- Working closely with Gas Control and Energy Management to manage and maintain the Steam Operations fuel portfolio.
- Perform real-time calculations and make operational decisions during fuel switching scenarios.
- Interface with Generating Stations, the Energy Control Center, Commodity Procurement & Scheduling, Gas Control, Engineering, and Steam Transmission and Distribution on a regular basis to identify their needs and to resolve issues related to improving operations and performance. Conduct root cause analyses, operational investigations, and load flow studies with regard to abnormal occurrences and contingencies of the steam system for senior management.
- Respond to emergencies at any time, and act as Incident Commander where appropriate.
- Responsible for GE Maps modeling and perform monthly cashflow and annual budget cycle analyses.
- Responsible for periodic STONER hydraulic analyses for steam distribution outages and design changes.
- Serve as the Steam Operations lead for the Enterprise Risk Management program. Responsible for annual risk brainstorming workshops and work with Steam Operations SMEs to have all ERM information updated quarterly.
- Responsible for Steam Station unit performance. This includes unit ramp rates, quick response reserve monitoring, as well as DMNC testing.
- Perform managerial functions, interview and place new and transferring personnel, and address employee issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for filings for electric units with the NYISO as well as all gas turbine forecasts and optimization.
- Ensure the proper and required training is completed in appropriate timeframes.
- Responsible for the oversight for various existing contracts including Brooklyn Navy Yard and Ravenswood fuel oil contracts. Lead negotiator for potential future contracts and agreements with outside parties.
- Prioritize new and pending work requests and coordinate work efforts with the planning group.
- Review quality of work performed and ensure employees are completing appropriate documentation.
- Strive to improve morale and productivity of employees.
- Provide support for all rate case filings. This can include analyses, testimony preparation, information request responses, and calculations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related field preferred. And 8 years experience in an operating area
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years prior direct or indirect supervisory experience required. Required
- Work experience or knowledge of outage coordination with both internal and external customers Required
- Ability to interpret and analyze operating reports, map and blueprints. Required
- Must possess strong leadership, managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills required along with the ability to work as part of a team Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required. Required
- Knowledge of steam generating systems; steam/power utilities and steam distribution systems is essential. Preferred
- General knowledge of all steam production equipment and administrative processes as well as company processes. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.