Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, the company that powers New York City and Westchester, is hiring a Writer/Editor, to join its dynamic Corporate Communications team. The Writer/Editor is responsible for developing communication strategy and creating written content for an extensive range of internal and external projects such topics as safety, clean energy, sustainability, employee issues, customer issues, and executive speeches. Through written and multimedia communication, the Writer/Editor will work across various departments to create content that is relevant, interesting and engaging for the intended audience
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts, videographer, photographer, and graphic designers to ensure content is accurate and visually appealing.
- Creating clear and impactful content for employees and customers
- Work across various departments to boil complex ideas down into usable language for internal and external audiences
- Use metrics to develop, support and improve communications
- Help to build, maintain and execute communication calendar and project work-flow systems
- Be a strategic thinker with experience developing communication campaigns
- Translate corporate initiatives into meaningful communications that create results
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field And 5+ years professional and relevant writing experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to edit, fact-check and proofread own materials Required
- Ability to interact professionally at all levels of the company, from field employees to senior executives Required
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, clear, and creative content for a variety of audiences. Required
- Possess the skills to make all communications relevant, interesting, and engaging for the intended audience. Required
- Possess a sharp eye for detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects, plan and manage deadlines, and work both independently and with teams Required
- Have superior editorial skills (such as writing, editing, copy editing, fact-checking, researching, speech writing) Required
- A broad understanding and interest in safety, the energy industry, and environmental issues Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.