Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Medical Technician conducts medical tests as part of Occupational Health screening, surveillance, and regulatory exams. The Medical Technicians core responsibilities include:
- Conducting medical office based diagnostic tests and analysis as part of Occupational Health screening, surveillance, and regulatory exams.
- Conduct vision and hearing testing, spirometry, measuring and recording biometrics (i.e. height, weight, and neck circumference), vital signs, and urine dip sticks.
- Performing administrative functions such as answering telephones, word processing, scanning and filing.
- Enter data, run reports, and perform support functions related to scheduling in the Electronic Medical Records System (i.e. Cority).
- Coordination with vendors for services required for trailer operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary environment within our medical exams rooms and medical trailers.
- Stocking and organizing the supply closet at 4 Irving Place and the medical trailers and on-site testing locations.
- Assisting with medical supply inventory and ordering.
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 years work experience in Health Care. Health Care Or
- Associate's Degree Health Care
- Associate's Degree Health Care And 2 years work experience in Health Care.
Relevant Work Experience
- CPR/AED certified Required
- Possess a certificate of completion - Spirometry Required
- Spirometry within 90 days, if not hired with it. Required
- Must possess a certificate of completion from accredited spirometry training. If not currently certified, must complete certification course within three months of hire. Required
- Office based testing - vision, hearing and EKG. Required
- Experience - urine dipstick testing. Required
- Experience vital signs - blood pressure, pulse, height, weight and respiratory rate Required
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of employee records. Required
- Ability to work with computers and the software in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Required
- Solid organizational and communication skills. Required
- Must be available to work at all medical trailers and on-site locations throughout the Company service territory. Required
- Experience with medical record administration including scanning and filing medical charts, familiarly with scheduling office appointments and experience in an Occupational Health environment is preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with drug testing programs is also preferred. Preferred
- Certification from the American Medical Technologist (AMT), American Society for Clinical Pathologist (ASCP), or National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) preferred. Preferred
- Experience working with electronic medical records preferred Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.