Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Chemistry Supervisor will supervise and direct the activities of the station's Chemical Group to provide efficient and economic generation of steam while adhering to regulatory guidelines. Schedule routine samples of steam and discharge water for regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for the safety, productivity and quality of the work performed by the production technician or for all types of maintenance and testing of the section she/he oversees.
- Supervises union personnel and enforces all contractual and local work rules, assigning personnel to jobs in accordance with the Station weekly work schedule and performing administrative tasks in work management system (Maximo) daily.
- Schedules the SPDES sampling calendar and coordinates all sample shipments to vendor lab.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates chemical sampling. Prepare sample results for company and regulatory reporting.
- Monitor chemical utilization and associated consumable levels/quantities, place station chemical orders as required.
- Attends daily management meetings to report job progress, is fully knowledgeable of work scopes and will submit requests to perform work in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations, program procedures applicable to Steam Operations Generating Stations, and financial reporting requirements.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills to track and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an Effective Cost Management Culture, Enhancing the Customers Experience, adheres to the Company's Standards of Business conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S").
- Accountable for conducting On the Job training (OJT), effective job briefings and documented job site safety exchanges.
- Adheres to Company rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Establishes appropriate disciplinary action, conducts interviews, participates in settlement of grievances, and evaluates subordinates work performance.
- Ensures proper maintenance and minimal down time of all station chemical analyzers.
- Monitor water treatment plant performance trends and make recommendations to ensure efficient operation.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years equivalent work experience in power plant environment, electrical and mechanical equipment
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills Required
- Ability to work as part of a team Required
- Knowledge of PC/mainframe systems required Required
- Knowledge of material procurement, outage coordination, technical report writing, scheduling, technical drawing interpretation, purchasing, power plant maintenance Preferred
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles/equipment
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.