Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop process and program initiatives, analyze data trends, interview process/program owners, implement improvement plans, compile review data, create written reports, and present findings.
- Lead quality reviews of processes within Utility Shared Services (USS) to determine adequacies, deficiencies, and improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the advancement of Con Edison policies and procedure by promoting a compliant company culture.
- Promote best practice sharing within business units and across USS functions, as appropriate.
- Facilitates communication between business units and USSQM to obtain stakeholder input for reviews or quality and improvement initiatives.
- Subject matter expert for the USSQM quality management system.
- Develop project plans, identify and help assign project tasks.
- Responsible for developing corrective actions and process improvement projects for implementation.
- Utilize industry accepted quality tools, standards and processes (ISO 9000, 31000 etc.).
- Participate in planning efforts for future quality audits, self-assessment and risk management determinations.
- Facilitate risk management analysis, of USS processes and programs.
- Maintain and update USSQM policies, procedures, and processes.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and professional associations and publications.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And 2 years Quality related experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 4 years Quality related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 8 years Relevant work experience including quality control, assurance, or management.
- Degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Quality Management, Business or related discipline
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with quality management, quality assurance, auditing, quality control and process controls. Required
- Experience with drafting policies, procedures, and controls (compliance, audit or risk controls preferred). Required
- Adept with technology and highly proficient with the Microsoft Suite of product including SharePoint. Required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and can develop relationships and effectively interact with employees throughout the company. Required
- Demonstrate analytical skills. Required
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Required
- Ability to learn new technologies as required for the job using documentation and other available resources as required. Required
- Proficiency in project management and the use of associate tools. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Quality related certifications and or training (ASQ, ISO 9001, LSS, RCA, etc.) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Ability and willingness to respond during off-hours, work overtime (including weekends and holidays) as needs dictate.
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors during all seasons and during adverse weather.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.