Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A) team is responsible for delivering advanced analytics solutions, driving Con Edison's data strategy, managing the Company's Enterprise Data Analytics Platform, and delivering data solutions.
- Data Governance (DG) is a business function focusing on the management of data assets, involving the collaboration of people, the development and management of processes, and the introduction and proliferation of technologies and standards. As the Company's technology footprint grows, so too does our data footprint and risks around sharing or working with sensitive data, underlining the need to govern that data responsibly.
- The System Analyst is responsible for the on-going development and support of the ED&A enterprise data governance program within the Data Operations group. This individual will be responsible for tasks which are technical and strategic in nature, ranging from solution implementation to the facilitation of leadership committees. Responsibilities will also include day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue resolution. The enterprise data governance team is positioned to be highly visible and internal customer-facing. Successful candidates will be expected to interface across the Company as needed. This position is a great opportunity for an individual interested in helping to shape how we use data and analytics throughout the Company.
- Data Sharing Solutions: Develop process, solutions, and documentation for tracking & approval of Company data sharing arrangements
- Procurement Process Management: Assist with the procurement of data governance tooling and resources
- Data Governance Tooling and Framework: Assist in the implementation of data governance tools and the refinement of program framework as needed
- Policy & Procedure Management: Analyze current policy & procedure landscape, identify data management-related gaps, explore potential for new policies & procedures
- Committee Facilitation: Facilitate data governance committee meetings with leaders across the Company
- Program Performance Monitoring: Build and maintain program metrics and dashboards to track data governance program performance indicators
- Communications Management: Craft data governance-related communications and messaging. Communicate regularly, openly, and honestly with manager, team leads, team members and business partners using appropriate and effective methods. Raise concerns appropriately to mitigate issues.
- Business Relationships and Management: Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop deliverables
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve engagement and value for all our stakeholders
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data sharing, data privacy, and emerging Company data initiatives
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in an analytical, mathematical, business, or computational field a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies as required Required
- Experience developing processes and/or technology solutions Preferred
- Experience with business communication and technical/formal writing Preferred
- Experience developing dashboards Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.