Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervises Distribution Splicer A's, and subordinate titled personnel in the physical installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of underground conductors and associated devices of the electrical distribution system.
- Ensures that direct reports work in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Certifies, accounts for and approves expenditures for labor, material supplies and equipment within prescribed limits.
- Assigns, coordinates and manages personnel to achieve maximum efficiency. Monitors and supports crew activities and ensure that all required reporting and documentation are completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Or 2 Year's Demonstrated value-added accomplishments within Con Edison's various operating and support organizations. Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 Year's Demonstrated value-added accomplishments within Con Edison's various operating and support organizations. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 Year's Demonstrated value-added accomplishmentscapacity within Con Edison's various operating and support organizations.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be able to supervise employees and manage their productivity, and possess good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret field constructed drawings and layouts
- Must possess knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft technologies and scheduling software.
- Must demonstrate safety focus and knowledge of environmental laws and regulations.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, and possess strong organizational skills to effectively plan, budget and track.
- Must be willing to learn to interpret computerized reports and determine their application for work-related activities and responsibilities.
- Must be able to supervise subordinate personnel in the physical installation, repair, maintenance, removal, replacement, testing and inspection of all underground and substation apparatus and associated equipment of the electrical distribution system.
- Must be able to ensure that all work activities are performed in a safe, efficient and reliable manner and in accordance with established policies, procedures, engineering plans and specifications and environmental laws and regulations by conducting safety talks, providing support and resources and conducting safety audits.
- Must be able to maintain mandatory compliance and skills training as required by OSHA and company specifications, and by taking corrective actions and giving timely feedback.
- Must be able to interpret computerized reports and determine their application for work related activities and ensure that Crew Activity is accurate, as well as accounting for and approving expenditures for labor, material supplies and equipment within prescribed budgets.
- Must be responsible for employee development and promoting an inclusive and engaged team.
- Must complete Work Manager training and other pertinent WMS training.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be available to work overtime when needed during emergencies, to fill vacancies or meet the needs of our Incident Command Structure
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.