Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position conducts Supply Chain projects, including preparing project proposals, project charters, and/or business cases, coordinating the execution of projects, coordinating external vendors involved with projects, producing high-quality project deliverables, and measuring project success.
- The Projects Portfolio Manager analyzes, reviews, and documents the requirements of a project throughout its lifecycle, and communicates strategic, financial, quality and operational risks with the Section Manager and leadership.
- Leverage direct experience with various technology solutions, such as but not limited to, enterprise platform integrations (Oracle EBS), automations (MS PowerApps, BluePrism RPA etc), data analytics, reporting and visualization platforms (Tableau, Oracle BI, Power BI) to drive/implement strategic value within Supply Chain projects
- Perform project analysis and support the Projects & Analytics Section Manager
- Work directly with Supply Chain and other stakeholders to own and deliver specific projects to completion for Con Edison Supply Chain
- Lead cross-functional teams through project phases, including managing project deliverables and timelines, delivering presentations, and conducting workshops
- Strong complex problem-solving skills, process and control improvement skills, ability to challenge assumptions and consider alternative perspectives, ability to think quickly, work independently and collaboratively in a strong team environment
- Meet with project stakeholders to ensure specific requirements are clarified and considerations are accounted for
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Produce and review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Identify and manage project risks and risk response plans
- Drive the accurate and timely distribution of defined project reports/communications to appropriate stakeholders
- Build business cases to ensure that project value is measured and support the analysis of end-to-end value chain costs
- Conduct market research and analysis to develop projects and the project pipeline and roadmap
- Manage methodologies and tools for project performance and portfolio analysis activities
- Collect, manage, and assess relevant internal and external benchmarks in order to assess Con Edison performance against benchmarks
- Perform other related tasks and assignment as required
- Bachelor's Degree And 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Project Management, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related fields And 2+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Project Management, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related fields And 3+ years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in program and project management: advanced project/program management skills with the ability to manage large complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, and ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities Required
- Advanced experience creating project plans and methodology, with proven track record of project implementation Required
- Experience in Risk/Opportunities Management Required
- Demonstrated understanding of Change Management Required
- Advanced experience leading cross-functional teams Required
- Advanced experience in hosting and leading meetings and workshops Required
- Advanced in communicating effectively and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders Required
- High degree of professionalism and demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making skills Required
- High degree of initiative and assume personal responsibility for actions Required
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills Required
- Well organized and detail oriented with demonstrated time management and priority setting skills Required
- Demonstrated analytical skills: data management and analysis Required
- Advanced analytics applications and techniques Required
- Demonstrated ability to coach and direct others in the development of apps and tools using BluePrism, the Microsoft 365 Suite (including SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) or experience independently developing solutions within these applications Required
- Understanding and experience with various technology solutions, such as but not limited to, enterprise platform integrations, automations (workflows, RPA etc), data analytics, reporting and visualization platforms Required
- Advanced in Applying Financial Acumen/Industry/Business Acumen Required
- Advanced end-to-end Value Chain Cost Analysis Preferred
- Understanding of Market Intelligence Preferred
- Advanced Financial Analysis Preferred
- Understanding of Business Partner Relationship Management Preferred
- Understanding of Oracle Preferred
- Understanding of Con Edison Operational Knowledge Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Certified Project Management (CPM) Preferred
- Other: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Higher Preferrederred Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be available to perform off-hour emergency functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.