Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform MRO interviews and quality assurance review of the other MRO functions. Provide guidance and direction as specified by the DOT and corporate instructions for regulated and non-regulated testing.
- Direct, administer, make medical judgments and determinations, recommend action, advise on, and monitor the effectiveness of the EWC programs at CECONY and O&R.
- Manage and supervise the medical professional staff, consultants, and contracted clinical team members.
- Oversee OHSA surveillance exams done to insure compliance with regulatory requirements, i.e. respiratory qualification to wear a respirator, asbestos, silica, Hearing Conservation, etc.
- Monitor the efforts of consultants, affiliated hospitals, and Third Party service providers to insure compliance with Federal, State, and City regulations.
- Direct and oversee the medical investigation of suspected exposure to hazardous substances. Evaluate physical findings and evaluate/assess treatment recommendations made by the employee's treating health care provider.
- Formulate medical policy for executive approval based on present and anticipated mandatory and voluntary standards and oversee implementation of approved policies.
- Prepare cases and appear as an expert medical witness in arbitrations, unemployment insurance and worker's compensation hearings. Provide testimony and appear in court for the Law Department as needed.
- Establish training needs and requirements for the Company and clinical staff as it pertains to clinical evaluations, policies and procedures.
- Oversight of the modified duty program and imposition and removal of medical restrictions.
- Doctor of Medicine/MD Board Certified Physician
- And 6 years of post-residency work experience in - Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or other primary care specialty
Relevant Work Experience
- Post-residency work experience in Medical Administration, Internal Medicine, Family practice, Occupational Medicine, evaluation of chemical and laboratory findings in an industrial or workplace setting. Required
- Excellent oral and written skills, including presentations delivered in-person and virtually Required
- NYS License Required Preferred
- Experience working with a unionized workforce strongly preferred Preferred
- Experience performing DOT-FMCSA driver exams Preferred
- Presentation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Preferred
- Experience performing MRO work Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: MRO certification 90 Days Required
- Other: FMCSA-DOT Medical Examiner 90 Days Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.