Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Utility of the Future (''UotF'') team seeks a highly motivated individual with strong analytic and research skills to serve in a key role as a Senior Planning Analyst for the team.
- The UotF organization is responsible for managing Company needs related to the changing utility environment, primarily driven by the New York Public Service Commission, Federal and State regulations, and customer demands. Activities support the Company's role in achieving New York State's clean energy goals set by the Reforming the Energy Vision (''REV'') and Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (''CLCPA'').
- Accordingly, the Senior Planning Analyst will work with internal subject matter experts to gather, organize, and analyze financial, planning and relevant industry data. The primary objective of this role is to support the UotF team in organizing, analyzing data and collecting research that will aid in the development of the Company's plans for a clean energy future and/or for use in strategic and long-range plans that support achievement of clean energy policy goals.
- The candidate will be organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- The Senior Planning Analyst role will require strong interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills. Candidate will possess an executive presence and will interact with various levels of management, including senior management.
- Identify, research, and analyze business opportunities and policy initiatives that may affect the regulated utility business (using internal subject matter expertise and, as available, external subject matter expertise).
- Build financial models and forecasts for regulated utility investments and customer economics as well as models for distributive / alternative energy resources (e.g. energy storage applications and electrification applications).
- Provide critical modeling and analytical support for communication and negotiation with various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, customers, investors, policy makers, and potential third-party partners.
- Propose policies or strategies to address emerging issues, new business solutions and revenue models for the Company
- Develop insights on industry and societal trends and participate in ongoing long-range planning work related to the regulated utility business. Provide recommendations on how the Company can address these trends.
- Perform independent research related to the electric power industry.
- Assemble information into presentations for effective communication, including to senior executives, regulators, and external stakeholders.
- Partner with team to establish priorities and plans to keep all project tasks on schedule.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required to support the UotF.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent And 5-7 years work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Five to seven years of experience in the utility industry and a strong demonstrated capability to understand strategic issues in the utility/energy industry. Required
- Experience with data/financial modeling in business strategy capacity. Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Required
- Demonstrated analytical data management skills. Required
- Ability to compile/ analyze and synthesize data into presentations and reports. Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making. Required
- Experience leading teams. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with various internal subject matter experts. Required
- Work experience that includes Economics, Engineering, or Policy. Preferred
- Project management experience. Preferred
- A good working knowledge of electric and gas transmission/distribution systems. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work in the Company service territory and travel to other CECONY/O&R locations, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.