Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Partner with internal and external legal team to ensure Plan compliance with laws covering retirement plans such as ERISA, IRS Codes, SEC and 409(a) Regulations
- Update Pan Documents and all employee communication channels for changes as needed. Provides staff members with continuous performance feedback, supports career growth and ongoing technical development
- Act as team lead for annual valuation reporting for retirement and welfare benefit plans.
- Responsible for the regular interface with and integrity of retirement pension calculator system.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise as it relates to non-qualified retirement and deferred income plans and supports the Company's position in proceedings involving retirement benefits in rate cases, EEOC hearings and collective bargaining agreements.
- Interact with recruitment to ensure proper placement of employees in their retirement plan formula.
- Manages day to day administration as it relates to the Defined Contribution Plan & QDRO Administration.
- Responsible for the preparation of calculations and interview summaries for retirement discussions with key executives
- Resolves employee and retiree inquiries as it relates to their retirement benefits by interpreting benefit plans and policies.
- Vendor management as it relates to actuarial services and retirement calculator statements of work.
- Develops and disseminates employee benefit communications and provides employee and retiree benefit education with the role of Liaison between benefit Department and field for presentation requests.
- Must be well versed in all calculation types and retirement provisions related to the Defined Benefit Plan for Con Edison & O&R employees.
- Stay abreast of current trends and laws as they relate to retirement plan administration.
- Manage the Retirement Interview process including coordination of payment set up for new pensioners.
- Coordinates Tier 2 support related to retirement plan inquires and point of contact for annual plan audits.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams as a subject matter expert in Retirement Plan Administration.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree 8 + Years Specific to Pension & Benefit Plan Administration
Relevant Work Experience
- NYS License Required
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in a management position with working knowledge of Defined Benefit Plan Retirement Plan Administration Required
- Excellent oral and written skills, including presentations delivered in-person and virtually. Required
- Presentation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Required
- Experience working with a unionized workforce strongly preferred. Preferred
- Experience in managing professional staff. Preferred
- Actuarial education and experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.