Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Continually monitor and assess the health of equipment. Initiate corrective action to address equipment problems. Evaluate equipment as-found conditions for the purpose of improving predicative capabilities. Identify adverse equipment performance trends and initiate/facilitate common cause analysis to identify corrective actions to alleviate adverse trend.
- Implement and maintain software tools that provide equipment information to Operations (immediate concerns) and Engineering (long-term health).
- Create ad-hoc and customized data queries for reports and analysis.
- Create/maintain asset health indexes for all in-program asset types.
- Develop and maintain all Asset Management Plans (AMPs) for all major equipment types. Create and maintain equipment performance metrics. Facilitate Reliability Team meetings for each asset type. Determine equipment replacement priorities for capital replacement programs. Troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Assist in the revision of maintenance instructions and job plans to improve maintenance processes and data collection.
- Maintain equipment PM Basis in Maximo. Administrate the RCM module in Maximo. Maintain RCM for all existing in-program assets and develop RCM for any new asset types. Facilitate PM change process to update RCM. Ensure Maximo PMs, maintenance instructions, and Datasplice job plans are aligned with RCM and PM basis.
- Conduct periodic asset failure mode reviews in the RCM module to evaluate asset performance, identify adverse trends, and recommend improvements.
- Conduct quality reviews of CM work orders and maintain Engage metrics work order database to enable effective equipment performance trending.
- Administrate the Corrective Action Program (Incident Reporting System) and the Operating Experience (OE) program.
- Conduct root and apparent cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Participate on industry teams for asset management, substation equipment, and operating experience.
- Manage R&D projects associated with equipment operation, maintenance, and condition monitoring.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 8 years of applicable engineering, operation, or maintenance work experience in utility operations, construction, substations, steam and/or power generation operations Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering And 6 years of applicable engineering, operation, or maintenance work experience in utility operations, construction, substations, steam and/or power generation operations
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to oversee projects. Required
- Supervisory experience of management and union employees. Preferred
- Knowledge of Maximo, Datasplice and OSI-PI software platforms. Preferred
- Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), maintenance strategy development, and predictive maintenance technologies (infrared, vibration, oil analysis, acoustics, etc.). Preferred
- Knowledge of root and apparent cause analysis. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Preferred
- Other: Reliability Engineering Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Company service territory.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and extended hours, as well as on weekends/holidays as needed, or as system conditions dictate.
- Must be able to detect traffic sounds, alarms and backup warning devices when working near traffic, around moving equipment and within substations and buildings.
- Must be willing and able to work in the vicinity of live electricity, high voltage equipment, pressurized gas, pressurized steam and/or public utility buildings and facilities.
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, and work in confined spaces, on roofs, around noise, high heat, and on elevations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.