Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The selected candidate must possess excellent administrative and organizational skills, including computer-keyboarding skills.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills are required with frequent interaction with internal and external customers.
- Candidate must possess excellent competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- In addition, working knowledge of other Company computer applications including Construction Job Tracking (LOT), Byers, Visions, ECS, Project Wise, Summons Workspace, EDIS, DOC Search, Permit/Paving Systems, the Vector System, IMS (Information Management Systems and Logica is preferred.
- The candidate will also be required to decipher basic information provided on construction drawings issued from various engineering organizations.
- Duties include but are not limited to, logging and tracking information on various computer applications, preparing customer work packages, ordering street opening permits from NYCDOT (Dept. of Transportation) and/or Westchester Municipalities, preparing various status reports, material procurement and basic filing.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, neat and effective at meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to sit/stand at a stationary post for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be able to travel to various work locations as needed.
- Due to job requirements, the candidate must have excellent manual dexterity and will require excessive use of hands.
- The selected candidate must be able to push/lift up to 25 pounds (boxes of paper, etc.) as well as stoop, bend, reach and kneel in order to file documents.
Skills & Ability
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.