Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Collaborate with Transmission Project Development and other key stakeholder organizations to develop legal and regulatory documents necessary to implement the Central Operations Interconnection and Design Build Project Portfolios; includes developing, negotiating, drafting and executing a variety of transactional, real estate and regulatory agreements to meet a project's legal and regulatory needs.
- Perform data collection, organization, and tracking necessary to ensure accurate, on-demand reporting in a range of areas; includes monitoring Federal and State databases such as the relevant permitting filings for transmission and generation in NYS and relevant filings pertaining to the Federal Interconnection process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and an ability to manage a range of stakeholders, both within the Company and externally; respond to customer requests; includes balancing customer needs against project requirements, and preparing professional communications that may be distributed to a varied audience.
- Prepare first drafts of contracts and agreements utilizing existing templates and forms.
- Prepare draft responses to complex legal requests by stakeholders internal or external to the Company.
- Assist in developing facts through document analyses and other fact-finding techniques; and organizing and maintaining project's legal files.
- Conduct research and prepare legal documents to support the Company's position in a legal or regulatory proceeding.
- Coordinate with and advise management personnel providing documents in response to legal and regulatory requests.
- Manage project requests in the technical space including coordinating with engineers and other technical personnel to meet legal and regulatory commitments
- Review and analyze documents and prepare summary reports in preparation for contractual and/or regulatory negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and project commitments
- Monitor industry trends and Federal, State and City regulations impacting the Interconnection and Design Build Portfolios.
- Develop and organize goals and tasks, track progress, and communicate status.
- Bachelor's Degree And and at least 3 years of paralegal or relevant legal experience Or
- Associate's Degree And and at least 4 years of paralegal or relevant legal experience
- Bachelor's Degree in legal studies
Relevant Work Experience
- Possess an understanding of contract development with vendors, including negotiating and executing contract terms and conditions. Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Possess excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external contacts professional with tact and sensitivity; possess ability to research, analyze and summarize information in a clear and succinct manner. Required
- Selected candidate will be required to furnish a writing sample on a topic of their choice that demonstrates a research component and includes analysis of the topic. Required
- Familiar with the Federal Interconnection Process. Preferred
- Familiar with non-traditional project delivery methods such as Design Build or EPC. Preferred
- Familiar with the permitting process for new generation and transmission in NY State including environmental legal requirements as they pertain to permitting new infrastructure. Preferred
- Familiar with transactional and real estate legal requirements as they pertain to federal interconnection projects and building new transmission. Preferred
- Knowledge of operations and the electric, gas and steam systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Notary Public Preferred
- Other: Paralegal Certificate Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in the field and office environment.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.