Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform assigned day-to-day administrative tasks associated with O&R's ECC Compliance Program.
- Coordinate the review of departmental processes, operating instructions and running orders to ensure compliance and consistency with current operating practices. Post final documents to group SharePoint site and collect workflow documentation for compliance.
- Participate in all assigned NYISO and PJM working groups and committees. As needed, present working group and committee topics to the Chief System Operator for review.
- Archive system event evidence as well as drill and test documentation for compliance.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data to NPCC, RF, NERC, NYISO, PJM, and various transmission member organizations.
- Manage and update user security lists and notification templates for the ECC.
- Write and update ECC procedures to detail and identify the functions of the department as it relates to NERC Compliance.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in all NERC Standards and present and explain the NERC Standards to other Company organizations.
- Provide input to NERC Standards under development. Recommend and coordinate comments from SMEs.
- Coordinate CEO Certification activities for Control Center and Substation Operations.
- On an annual basis, review and update the ECC Load Relief Manuals and submit to the NYPSC and NJBPU by specified due dates.
- Participate in the Company's emergency preparedness processes and storm plans.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Technical curriculum And 3 years Experience working in the utility or energy industry. Or
- Associate's Degree Technical curriculum And 4 years Experience working in the utility or energy industry. Or
- High School Diploma/GED 6 years Experience working in the utility or energy industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency with PC software and the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Required
- Strong, decision-making, organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication, analytical and administrative skills with a solid teamwork orientation, and strong attention to detail are essential. Required
- Must be articulate, have a professional demeanor and be comfortable dealing with all levels of management, union personnel, regulators, and customers. Required
- Basic understanding of electric transmission systems. Preferred
- Familiarity with NERC Reliability Standards applicable to O&R's registrations. Preferred
- Familiarity applying the Bulk Electric System (BES) Definition to electric power systems. Preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail in project work. Experience working in teams. Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Preferred
- Prior operations auditing, regulatory administration, or investigative experience. Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is highly preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the USA and Canada to attend industry and regulatory meetings.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.