Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Use your background and expertise to help build the Company's awareness and understanding of strategic developments related to distributed clean energy, with a focus on energy efficiency, non-wires alternatives, non-pipes alternatives, demand response, programs for disadvantaged communities, and energy storage
- Work with strategy and operations groups to identify key issues, develop positions and proposals on behalf of the Company, and design outreach strategies to support the Company's achievement of key aspects of its Clean Energy Commitment like scaling adoption of energy efficiency, serving disadvantaged communities, advancing electric vehicle adoption, and planning the energy system of the future (see: https://www.coned.com/en/our-energy-future/our-energy-vision/our-energy-future-commitment)
- Lead the development of regulatory filings - including working with operations groups to gather data and narrative descriptions
- Represent the Company in utility working groups on clean energy topics and work collaboratively with those groups to develop shared policy positions and public comments
- As part of creating and executing on an outreach strategy, develop advocacy materials including power point presentations, talking points, and briefing documents
- Leverage innovative thinking to develop strategy, proposals, and analyses to support the Company's periodic rate filings
- Assist in corporate emergencies as required (e.g., through a system emergency assignment)
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree . And 5 years of relevant work
- Master's Degree And 3 years of relevant work
- Master's Degree 3 years of relevant work
Relevant Work Experience
- Advanced oral and written communications skills. Required
- Advanced presentation and analytical skills. Required
- Advanced project management experience, advanced experience aligning diverse teams, and the ability to problem solve and persevere through ambiguity. Required
- Experience working at or with a regulated electric and/or gas utility in a finance, regulatory, policy, or corporate communications role. Preferred
- Experience working on or studying distributed clean energy policy. Preferred
- Familiarity with New York's energy policy and organizations active in the New York energy and utility policy space. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory and to Albany, NY, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to perform a System Emergency Assignment, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.