Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Reviews and studies customer requests to establish project type, project scope, service classification and applicable gas and electric requirements. Analyzes field conditions and assists the operating departments with planning and scheduling of distribution and service installations for gas and electricity.
- Provides accurate reporting to the operations departments on status of current projects for purposes of staffing requirements, budget considerations and material ordering schedules.
- Prepares and presents information on service classification proposals, load studies, electrical equipment; installation, service policies, and procedures, technical data, alternate system studies, energy concepts, and other customer-oriented analyses for construction projects. Maintains accurate and current project notes for all active projects. Provides timely feedback to customers and contractors relating to project status.
- Provides timely feedback to customers and contractors relating to project status.
- Keeps informed of the latest developments and applications of various gas and electrical equipment and alternative energy solutions by attending seminars, reading periodicals, journals and by participating with industry organizations.
- Continually increases knowledge and technical expertise for the following applications: building heating and cooling, power (motors), interior and exterior lighting, process heating, standby generation and clean energy solutions.
- Provides assistance to Engineering on new Commercial and Industrial (C&I) and Residential customers power system efficiency, HVAC system, energy management and power conditioning requirements.
- Familiar with all-pertinent national, state, and local electrical and construction codes, Company policies, tariffs, procedures, and construction standards relative to customer installations and Company facilities preferred.
- Must represent Company as liaison representing company policies, processes and procedure to the customer and ensure capturing customer project timeline needs to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Inspect work performed by contractors to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and Company codes and specifications for the installation of electric and gas facilities and reports findings.
- Knowledgeable of all natural gas rates, gas construction and state-of-the art gas metering.
- Familiar with all AGA, ANSI, state and local codes, as well as the technical aspects of gas equipment and related manufacturing processes.
- Provides direction, guidance and training to Associate Project Managers, as required.
- Assumes storm duties as assigned.
- Fulfill a liaison role customer to Company, communicating and completing education and outreach efforts for all project and program processes and requirements.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Construction or Project Management preferred with a minimum of 2 years related work experience, preferably in electric or gas service installations and/or service-related construction, or project management. Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 4 years related work experience, preferably in electric or gas service installations and/or service-related construction, or project management. Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years related work experience, preferably in electric or gas service installations and/or service-related construction, or project management.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with customers and act as a Company liaison regarding all energy related matters. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Must demonstrate ability to apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making in the handling of C&I and Residential projects. Required
- Must posses the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, as well as customer, customer representatives, trade organizations and government agencies. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Required
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electric and gas transmission/distribution systems is required. Required
- Must possess flexibility to work in a fast paced dynamic environment. Required
- Must have the ability to build strong customer relationships. Required
- Must proactively approach responsibilities. Required
- Must be articulate and responsive to customers and colleagues. Required
- Must demonstrate excellent collaboration and team building skills. Required
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism under pressure. Required
- Will be required to make field inspections as needed. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is required. Required
- Demonstrate understanding of the construction standards and policies of the Company and a working knowledge of the normal and emergency work procedures of Company forces is preferred. Preferred
- Prior experience with Company IT systems, such as the Customer Relations Management/Project Management Systems (NUCON), Customer Information Management System (CIMS) is preferred, and Work Management Systems (WMS) is preferred. Preferred
- Demonstrate ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel within the service territory, as needed.
- Must be available to be on-call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.