Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This position requires sitting at a workstation (desk) and working on computers for extended periods of time.
- Duties will include but are not limited to, communicating and dispatching field crews using both telephone and computer applications, logging and tracking job information on various systems, job scheduling and compiling various status reports, and maintaining current files of maps, job-layouts, plates, etc.
- Additional responsibilities will include creating and receipting Oracle requisitions for Bronx/Westchester materials, supplies and services.
- In addition, travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies is required as necessary.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must possess excellent clerical and organization skills, including computer skills and competency in the Windows file-management platform and Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word). Required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required for frequent interaction with Manager, Planners, Supervisors, and Field Crews. Required
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, as required. Required
- Candidate should have the ability to learn Company work systems such as the Logica Application Suite, EMIS, Oracle, Schedule-Soft, Project-Wise, Byers and Vision. Preferred
- Working experience with Web Workspace (STAR) is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.