Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support department goals by monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting across the enterprise, using tools for multiple technologies.
- Responding swiftly to all alerts; performing risk/impact assessments, working with a resolution team, or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Opening and tracking incidents to a resolution.
- Facilitating communications both internal and external to the CSOC, and relevant management teams.
- Enforcing change management controls and guidelines.
- Providing real time responses to end users, technical support groups and IT management.
- Issuing daily reports and following established procedures.
- May perform other related tasks and assignments as required to support department needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science And One (1) year of related experience (includes co-op or internships); OR six (6) months of participation in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be available 24/7 and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. Required
- Previous experience in a SOC/NOC, Information Security environment is preferred. Preferred
- One (1) year of related experience (includes co-op or internships); OR six (6) months of participation in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- This is a rotating position with a shift differential that covers holidays, weekends, and nights.
- The candidate must be willing to work overtime and be flexible with work hours, be on call, and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.