Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Environment Health and Safety is seeking to hire an articulate, motivated, and an experienced individual who possesses excellent analytical and communication skills to join its Sustainable Infrastructure team. The selected candidate must be able to focus on the implementation of sustainability efforts to help the Company achieve its Sustainability targets.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on the topic of Sustainability. Develops and publishes enterprise reporting materials that captures all relevant Sustainability metrics and outcomes/impact efforts for use internally and externally as needed/desired.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to work with various Subject Matter Experts in the Environment & Sustainability and other groups to help develop strategies to move the clean energy transition on all fronts and will also serve as the catalyst to accelerate sustainability-related efforts underway in groups like Facilities, Supply Chain and R&D.
- Works with the larger Environment team to develop baselines for key indicators (e.g., solid waste, water, greenhouse gases) and coordinate with other groups to set reduction commitments and plans moving forward.
- Works with Supply Chain to perform Life Cycle Assessments, evaluate reduced toxicity and greenhouse gas emissions options associated with purchased materials/supplies. Assure process improvements by evaluating existing practices, and by pursuing opportunities to introduce new approaches and strategies.
- Interacts with internal customers of all company levels, as well as external stakeholders, on a proactive basis. Drive cross-organizational partnerships to drive Sustainability strategy and initiatives such as assessing options to supply 100% clean power to company facilities by 2030, conducting independent analysis of company's Scope 3 GHG emissions, accelerate efforts to replace dielectric fluid and SF6, integrate advanced sustainability technologies on company buildings or projects, and advance clean medium/heavy-duty vehicles and other sustainability-related efforts.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including scoping, budget and delivery, teamwork, and Organization.
- Continually monitors the external environment to stay ahead of Sustainability trends and ensure Con Edison is competitively positioned as an industry leader vs. peers.
- Lead the development and implementation of customized EH&S training programs on Sustainability or Natural Resources.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering or Technical discipline And 7 years Work experience with meaningful exposure and participation in sustainability matters. Or
- Master's Degree Sustainability Management, Sustainability Science, Engineering, Science, Business Administration, or technical discipline And 5 years Work experience with meaningful exposure and participation in sustainability matters.
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong working knowledge of Federal. State and Local EHS Regulations for environmental and safety concerns (including but not limited to asbestos, lead, natural resources, Sustainability, water discharge management, oil management, hazardous waste, remediation issues, etc.). Required
- Minimum Environment and Sustainability related experience. Required
- General organizational knowledge as well as in-depth knowledge of environmental and Sustainability laws and regulations. Required
- Must be able to develop concepts into successful sustainability and environmental programs. Required
- Must be a highly motivated individual. Demonstrate a strong Commitment to Excellence and understand the vital importance of personal accountability. Required
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully complete multiple tasks without compromising quality or timelines. Required
- Must be able to develop concepts into successful sustainability and environmental strategies and programs. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, regulatory agencies and various levels of management . Required
- Must demonstrate proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and/or an ability to quickly become proficient with database packages including Microsoft Office, OneDrive, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Project. Required
Skills & Ability
- Effective leadership skills And
- Builds and manages effective teams And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion And
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines And
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Professional certifications such as Environmental Sustainability Professional (ESP), Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) or P.E. is preferred but not required. Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed with company or personal vehicle.
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; safety boots, safety helmet, fire retardant clothing and safety harness, etc.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.