Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Clean Energy Program Design Lead will create new offerings and improve existing energy efficiency and electric heat programs across all customer segments; large commercial and industrial, small to medium business, multifamily, low to moderate income and disadvantaged communities, and 1 to 4-family residential. The Clean Energy Program Design Lead will work through the established design framework and process to research, analyze, test, and pilot, program improvements, new program offerings, and program delivery models that increase the department's capacity to achieve energy savings targets, and deliver a positive customer experience. The Clean Energy Program Design Lead reports to the Clean Energy Program Design Section Manager, and works collaboratively with Clean Energy Strategy, Clean Energy Program Delivery, and other support functions to launch new and improved programming. Work will be project based and will align with the department's strategic priorities for delivering on short-term and long-term goals. The Lead will oversee all aspects of the design process, from ideation to prototyping, and will work with the Project Management Office, PMO - Program Design Team to implement and scale successful products and offerings.
- Design and create new programs and improve existing energy efficiency and electric heat programs across all customer segments; large commercial and industrial, small to medium business, multifamily, low to moderate income and disadvantaged communities, and 1 to 4-family residential.
- Apply the Clean Energy design framework; research, analyze, test, and pilot, program improvements, new program offerings, and program delivery models that increase the department's capacity to achieve energy savings targets, and deliver a positive customer experience.
- Conduct needs assessments, gap analyses, and program reviews to identify opportunities for streamlining, standardization, optimization, and process/ design overhaul that will improve customer experience, program administration, and keep programming quality relevant, accessible and impactful in achieving goals.
- Collaborate closely with Clean Energy Strategy, Clean Energy Program Delivery, PMO - Program Design, and other support teams to develop and implement change and strategic priority initiatives.
- Manage and advocate for project resources to meet design scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that program offerings and market solutions comply with regulatory requirements, deliver and exceed customers and trade ally partners expectations, are efficient and cost-effective in delivery, and are well supported by reasonable measures for success.
- Develop and maintain design documentation to record details of the process and decisions made.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And three (3) years' work experience.
- Master's Degree in a relevant/related field.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience working in cross-functional teams. Required
- Demonstrated success in process improvement, program design and or program implementation. Required
- Thinks creatively, strong problem solving and analytical skills. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation delivery. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results through collaboration with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Experience with market scanning, market research, data interpretation, and data organization and visualization. Required
- Ability to develop and defend a business case. Required
- Ability to motivate individuals/ team and influence results through others directly and indirectly. Required
- Demonstrated agility in project management without compromising goals. Required
- Proven time management and organizational skills (staying within budget and delivering on time). Required
- Familiarity with process the design process, design strategies and methods. Preferred
- Experience with screening, assessing, and integrating new products and offerings into business operations. Preferred
- Experience with energy efficiency or demand management programs, government/ agency housing programs, low-income programs, non-profit program management. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.