Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with technical staff to discover automation requirements and create specifications.
- Mapping of specifications to appropriate software solution in available time and complexity.
- Configure existing applications to implement automation solutions, including SolarWinds SWQL and BMC Network Automation custom adapters.
- Manage code using Git.
- Work with REST APIs, JSON, XML and other APIs and file formats to exchange data between tools and enact automation jobs.
- Interpreting and writing regular expressions to parse non-structured data.
- Evaluate new tools and applications, including working with vendors to find the limits of their software. Requesting the necessary servers, installing applications, and integrating them with other tools and data.
- Basic Windows server administration such as Task Scheduler updates and setting permissions.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related assignments as required, including work on Company project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering with a minimum of two (5) years of relevant work experience; At least 5 years of progressively increasing experience in the core responsibilities listed above Or
- Associate's Degree Preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering with a minimum of two (10) years of relevant work experience; At least 10 years of progressively increasing experience in the core responsibilities listed above.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in collaborating with a technical audience to develop specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, CSV and other common data formats and APIs
- Experience working independently to produce work
- Preferred not required: BMC Network Automation, NetBrain, DX NetOps, Solarwinds, and/or Infoblox
- Preferred not required: Basic knowledge of IP networks (routers, switches, Wi-Fi, load balancers)
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to drive to company locations when necessary.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.