Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Plans and drives activities related to the delivery of consistent advice and counsel to the corporate leadership team, HR Generalists, and line managers.
- Oversees and supports the implementation of and adherence to corporate HR Policies, procedures, and practices. Stays current with and advises managers and HR team of HR bet practices. Establishes and oversees organizational performance indicators to maximize HR performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provides effective communication with all organizations in the company regarding all HR services, activities, and programs.
- Serves as the O&R Risk Leader for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion risk category. This includes serving as the SME regarding risk issues, assessing risk exposure, developing and mitigating activities and controls across the company. Advocate for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all workforce and employment related decisions.
- Manages activities related to conducting internal investigations as needed to include the Corporate Ombudsman, ODI, and the BEC office. Ensures that ODI and Affirmative Action policies are communicated and enforced. Investigates and resolves complaints in compliance with federal, state and local laws in conjunction with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Advises General Managers/Directors on performance management and compensation, including performance review preparations and tracking for both management and union employees. Provides advice and counsel on merit/ATIP salary guidelines for management employees.
- Assists in the roll-out and facilitation of corporate initiatives such as the local 503 contract, excused time policy,Advises leadership on compliance with corporate drug and alcohol testing programs, reducing lost time, and compliance with employment and labor laws, regulations, and policies.
- Advises senior managers on discipline for management employees. Ensures consistency with corporate guidelines and policies. Provides guidance on workforce strategies and developmental opportunities.
- Assists with the preparation of HR communications for dissemination by line organizations to enhance timely distribution of information on issues, concerns, and events..
- Bachelor's Degree Psychology, HR, Business Management, Organizational Development or related degree And 8 years of experience
- Master's Degree Psychology, HR, Business Management, Organizational Development or related degree And 6 years of experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years' work experience, including employee relations, staffing, employee service programs, record maintenance, performance evaluations, policies and procedures, talent management, and EEO administration, employee development, recruitment, staffing/workforce planning etc., Required
- Supervisory experience in a service/support role. Recent human resources experience required. Required
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/union personnel and the ability to work through sensitive confidential issues. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) and the ability to navigate mainframe and web-based applications. Required
- Strong organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, and analytical skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation. Required
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and project management skills. Required
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and mediate workshops/meetings and work with a diverse group of employees to resolve internal conflict and other issues. Required
- Professional skills in maintaining and enhancing the credibility of the unit through a high degree of integrity and maintenance of confidentiality Required
- Proven leadership qualities/skills and the ability to coach, motivate, and develop people and lead a project team. Required
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: PHR/SPHR Certification Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.