Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Surveyor Assistants assist Surveyors with maintaining survey instruments, mathematical computations and field sketches
- Applicants selected for this position must have strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with other departments.
- Applicant s must have the ability to learn survey and mapping software.
- If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Construction Management Street Ops (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, and Westchester).
- Selected applicant must be able to respond to emergencies and must be medically approved to wear a half-face respirator.
- Successful candidate will have the ability to read and interpret maps and drawings and be capable of learning to operate various survey instruments (total stations, level, M-scopes, etc.).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED Or
- Associate's Degree 2 years Civil Engineering or Civil Technology
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Survey Certificate Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.