Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage gas long range plan analysis including but not limited to evaluation of future industry trends, new business development, research/analyze opportunities that will enable the clean energy future, long range plan development and regulatory/ policy analysis and understand financial impacts.
- Develop Gas or Electric long range plans and draft presentation and detailed written documents.
- Lead/Manage projects which includes but not limited to managing project timeline, quality control, stakeholder management and plan for regular progress read outs to leadership to refine the project analysis/insights/outcomes.
- Conduct analysis to quantify potential impact of industry trends to the company/business units.
- Lead/coordinate efforts to review and modify long range plans including review of planning assumptions, developing progress on strategic initiatives and assessing the impact of new priorities.
- Develop and model impacts to customer bills.
- Lead and manage cross-functional Strategic Issues Teams and assist in the formation and mission of intra-company strategic issues.
- Act as a liaison/expert/resource on strategic issues, etc.
- Evaluate business growth opportunities.
- Provide important modeling and analytic support to development teams as well as advise the company and business unit's management on major project proposals.
- Participate in industry trend analysis and monitoring of the business landscape.
- Interact with peers, and others, corporate wide, communicate clearly and achieve results through both direct and indirect reports.
- Lead relevant studies and analyzes as required utilizing both internal and external resources (e.g. consultants, EPRI, AGA, etc).
- Conduct research on policy implications such as GHG reductions and impact on company business, including bill impact analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree BA, preferably in Engineering, Economics, or a related business area. And A minimum of 8-10 years experience.
- Master's Degree Masters level Business degree is preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Eight to ten years experience with a minimum of 5 years in the industry, or a strong demonstrated capability to understand strategic issues in the utility/energy industry is required. Required
- Knowledge of utility company's general business required. Required
- Knowledge of financial modeling is required. Required
- Knowledge of computer systems software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.