Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead and manage intermediate to complex I&O capital projects from inception to completion and supervise the project management team
- Manage relationship with Business/Operating partners, IT, system integrators, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders
- Develop a value realization management (VRM) process and criteria to capture, measure, and track actual benefits and savings achieved from IT projects
- Manage project risks, communicate expectations surrounding project scope and deliverables, provide status updates, escalate significant issues to senior management, and make practical recommendations to ensure project success
- Work with the project management team to report budget to actual performance, develop project management policy and procedures, and communications to stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to the Project Governance Playbook and performance of project monitoring controls
- Lead and develop team members, review deliverables for accuracy, completeness, and alignment to departmental objectives
- Apply cyber security principles to IT projects
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve issues and respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience; or
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; or
- High School Diploma/GED Technical Certification in IT Technologies and a minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience;
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills managing medium to large projects and completing them on time and within budget Required
- Excellent communication skills, presenting to leadership team, and experience building trust with business partners Required
- Proven experience managing infrastructure implementations, understanding and interpretation of network diagrams, circuit installations, server and storage projects, and data center build/upgrade Preferred
- Hands-on experience using enterprise project portfolio management software such as Oracle Primavera or Oracle Unifier
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel for Project Management
- Demonstrated experience using waterfall, agile, lean or hybrid project management methodologies
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, gloves, and safety shoes when required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.