Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Respond to field emergencies of various types and be proficient with the Incident Command System.
- Plan, organize, staff, schedule and ensure the assignment of personnel to optimize productivity and meet operating goals. Must be trained in computer applications such as CAD, GIS and Microsoft Office.
- Supervise employees in the investigation and surveillance of gas leaks and mandated inspections of gas mains, services and buildings.
- Communicate and advise on work rule compliance, good housekeeping and work area protection practices for equipment and work areas.
- Monitors compliance with Company specifications, policies and procedures e.g., Operations Specifications, Substance Abuse, Productivity and Environmental Instructions.
- Certifies, accounts for and approves expenditures for labor, contractors, material, supplies and equipment within prescribed limits. Also orders, coordinates and ensures availability and timely delivery of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Enforces disciplinary rules and regulations.
- Emphasize professionalism, honesty, concern, excellence, and teamwork within the department.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with three years of related work experience in a Con Edison organization or industry organization or
- High School Diploma/GED with five years of related work experience in the operation and maintenance of a gas distribution system; or a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a Con Edison organization or industry organization.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in the repair, service, and inspection of the gas distribution and transmission system preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in reading M&S plates, interpreting leak history reports, managing mandated work and the scheduling of crews is desirable.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and union personnel.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to interact and coordinate activities with other departments and organizations.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.