Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Serves as project manager for varying Facilities Department project from inception to completion. utilizing engineering principles, practices, theories and technologies. Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects.
- Responsible for the performance and reliability of facility power and emergency backup systems, including generators, building transformers, and uninterruptible power systems (UPS). Manages comprehensive maintenance program including emergency power equipment, current/voltage protection, lightning/transient voltage suppression, and grounding protection in accordance with the required standards and codes.
- Prepares engineering designs and project specifications. Responsible for the review, design, documentation and correctness of drawings; may make or approve field design changes.
- Provides cost benefit analyses, project budgets, and appropriation requests. Manages project costs to ensure completion within budget criteria.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends contractor bid proposals. Reviews and approves contractor shop drawings. Oversees onsite contractors during projects to ensure compliance with specifications. Is capable of directing different trades.
- Consults with other Company departments relative to coordination of projects and satisfaction of their requirements as applicable.
- Assists with development of Facilities Department capital budget forecast. Keeps informed of the industry as is relates to changes/improvements in design and construction of facilities and systems in order to plan for future improvements.
- Participates in storm restoration activities as assigned.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Industrial, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- and 8-12 years experience in facilities engineering or the application of electrical/civil/mechanical engineering principles, including project management.
Relevant Work Experience
- A good understanding of commercial/industrial power systems and associated equipments; understand the effects of switching, power deviations and harmonics on commercial power systems. Required
- Have knowledge of NYS building codes. Required
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills and accountability. Required
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, as well as with customers, vendors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders. Required
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and projects, able to implement process improvements, and able to meet deadlines. Required
- Knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Projects). Required
- Possess asbestos and lead abatement supervisor certificates. Preferred
- Experience and/or working knowledge of energy storage systems, policy and planning. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.