Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform daily analysis and initiate corrective actions for non-functional metering and sensor assets in the AMI System. Ensure assets are functioning properly and delivering data utilized for business operation.
- Generate and analyze business reports utilized for metering asset and record correction. Provide status updates for assigned work tasks and initiatives as directed.
- Query application production databases utilizing SQL developer, MS Access, and Tableau to drive metering asset functionality management. Work within production databases to correct asset or account discrepancies.
- Utilize business reporting for decision-making, to identify exceptions, initiate, track and close corrective actions for metering assets.
- Provide business application support to users of the Company's AMI Infrastructure.
- Analyze and correct asset configuration management to drive reads and billing performance metrics for customer accounts. Support customer meter and billing inquiries as required.
- Lead and participate in internal and external teams to achieve department goals
- Direct technical contractors working for the AMI Operations department in support of routine program work, planned projects and emergent work
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant work experience. Equivalent Technical Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant work experience Equivalent Technical Experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Equivalent/Relevant work experience is inclusive of Customer Billing and Account Management experience in either CECONY or ORU business systems (CSS/CIMS and MDMS); OR Software Development and Testing Experience for CSS/CIMS; OR equivalent meter data management system; OR Meter Operations or Metering Asset Management Experience. Required
- 2 years Experience working with company billing, accounting or work management systems. Required
- 2 years Demonstrated experience performing data analysis and determining a corrective action path. Required
- 2 years Demonstrated experience investigating discrepancies in information, managing working queues and identifying discrepancy patterns and data trends. Required
- 2 years Team experience supporting management initiatives to achieve department goals or key performance indicators. Required
- 2 years Experience investigating account or information discrepancies across accounting, billing or work management systems. Preferred
- 2 years Data Analysis experience on both micro and macro levels to make informed business decisions. Preferred
- 2 years Experience querying data using MS Access, SQL Developer or similar applications Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within the Company service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.