Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist Gas System Operators in maintaining the integrity of the Company's Natural Gas infrastructure by ensuring concurrent commodity schedules with real-time consumption. This includes daily interaction with the Company's connected Interstate Pipelines, the Company's Commodity Operations and Transportation Customers (including electric-steam generation) Sections, and direct connected generation procurement representatives.
- Generate, modify, and maintain all Gas Accounting Functions and required reports for both the Organization and Enterprise.
- Audit gas meter consumption data for discrepancies to identify malfunctioning equipment and ensure accuracy of Interstate Pipeline metered volumes.
- Coordinate with Gas Transmission System Planning to resolve metering discrepancies for connected generation resources.
- Serve as the Gas Control Representative in the Daily Morning Meeting between Gas Control and the Energy Management's Commodity Procurement and Scheduling Section. Early identification of potential commodity scheduling challenges for resolution is expected, with an emphasis on system reliability. Work with the On-Call Procurement Analyst to resolve same-day issues.
- Coordinate identification and distribution of city-gate capacity allocations among the New York Facilities members and third parties delivering gas to the service area in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Leverage Gas Load Forecasting models and historical data to forecast service territory and city-gate gas demand.
- Assist in the development and management of Departmental Emergency Response Plans, and respond and support the Department during incident response.
- Create daily and ad-hoc reports utilizing Excel and Word.
- Work Non-traditional hours; the individual will be expected to be capable of a weekly rotation with other Gas Supply Analysts to cover Monday through Friday 7 AM to 10 PM and Saturday 7AM-330PM to cover NAESB Scheduling Cycles as required with a 40 hour work week.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- General knowledge of the gas system (Transmission, Distribution, or Supply Market) Required and
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, such as Word, Excel (or comparable applications), Power Point, and the Internet for performing on-line research Required and
- Knowledge in natural gas scheduling deliveries, nominations on interstate pipeline websites, and confirmation process are preferred. Preferred and
- 2 years Experience in Gas or electric Commodity Procurement and Scheduling Preferred and
- 2 years Experience and/or previous access to Pipeline EBB's and Gas Day Operations (GDO) &/or equivalent Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel within Company service territory, as necessary.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.