Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that all assigned courses have current learning objectives, course outlines, instructor guides, student manuals, training aids, tests, media and centralized document control.
- Adapt to changing training demands (e.g., be available for ad-hoc, off-hour and/or off-site training).
- Coordinate with field personnel to ensure alignment of training with operations, including participation in Training Effectiveness Committees (TEC's) and field visits, including taking the lead in special projects and Operational Self Assessments.
- Update and maintain eTrain and Learning Management System (LMS) records. Produce and utilize reports from TLC portal.
- Develop new training programs to meet the needs of the Company and operating organizations.
- Evaluate student performance of those being trained, or tested for a position, title change, or advancement in title.
- Maintain inventory of the materials required to conduct training.
- Stay informed of operating incidents, issues, procedures, lessons learned, etc. Communicate these to the training staff and students, where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise to operating organizations and other parties regarding equipment, materials, safety and operating procedures.
- Maintain necessary certificates/licenses and training required to return to the field.
- Support line organizations in emergency and contingency situations.
- Market our programs to external customers and seek ways to use our facilities and resources to meet external customers needs.
- Maintain housekeeping responsibility for assigned rooms and areas and ensure compliance requirements are met, as assigned (e.g., fire extinguisher inspections, battery inspections, TLC's Hazardous Energy Control Procedure, etc.).
- Perform Purposeful Field Visits to ensure compliance with Company and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct training in areas of expertise and pursue opportunities to provide training outside primary area(s) of responsibility.
- Develop the ability to and routinely conduct effective training in multiple technical disciplines.
- Qualify in three Electric Ops training curriculum within the first 12 months.
- Support and participate in the development of Digital Learning tools, Innovation and technology.
- Participate in self-development activities (LLEAP instructor development program), training certifications (train-the-trainer) and benchmarking.
- Embed Zero Harm, Human Performance Tools and Operational Excellence into all lessons.
- High School Diploma/GED and with 5 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise. Experience in Transmission 138/345kv splice construction; Distribution splice construction; 120/208 secondary splice or
- Associate's Degree and with 4 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
- Experience in Transmission 138/345kv splice construction; Distribution splice construction; 120/208 secondary splice or
- Bachelor's Degree and with 3 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
- Experience in Transmission 138/345kv splice construction; Distribution splice construction; 120/208 secondary splice
Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Required
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills required. Required
- Should be certified or be capable of becoming First Aid, CPR/AED certified, Electrical Enclosed Space training, and other external safety certifications as needed including Logica Applications (Work Manager) Required
- Demonstrate high energy level, flexibility and the ability handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation. Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information. Required
- Hands-on experience with computer software programs, including Microsoft Office products required. Experience with eTrain and TLC Portal is preferred. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible with the ability to handle classroom instructional responsibilities and special assignments. Required
- Must have the ability to make presentations and facilitate group activities/training. Required
- Maintain a professional demeanor and have the ability to deal with all levels of management, Regulatory Agencies, union personnel and customers. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.