Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Geographical Information System (GIS) Senior Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of a designer tool that will address required changes to internal business processes, systems and technology. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for supporting activities associated with phase 2 and 3 of the GIS project such as data quality review, system implementation testing and system integration efforts.
- Lead the Company's efforts to roll out the new layout design tool system wide and support functional and integration efforts of the design tool with WMS and GIS systems. In addition, there will be responsibilities associated with the deployment of maps associated with Phase 2 and 3.
- Lead project workshops, various work stream discussions and participate in meetings between project vendors, the GIS core team and end users.
- Lead communication point between Con Edison and Schneider Electric/RAMTeCH for designer tasks associated with designer roll out and integration activities
- Primary communication point between Con Edison and the System Integrator for system implementation and testing activities
- Support with the development of reports and presentations to company employees, including executives and all levels of management, as well as regulatory parties and external stakeholders.
- Participate in production rollout efforts
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering and Three (3) years of relevant work experience. or
- Master's Degree and Two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree any engineering discipline.
Relevant Work Experience
- Three years of experience and a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment. Required
- Prior Engineering experience in a utility or software deployment. Required
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint). Required
- Experience in Project Management such as work planning, status reporting, issue / risk management and presentation. Required
- Experience in leading and facilitating meetings, discussions and workshops. Required
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Required
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the Microstation layout system and thorough understanding of electric business workflow process from layouts creation to mapping and WMS system. Preferred
- Knowledge of Con Edison Electric/Gas Operations business processes and departments. Preferred
- Three years of experience working in the Electric Operations mapping systems such as M&S maps, feeder prints and C&DO/Conduit maps as well as microstation, ProjectWise layouts applications and WMS system. Preferred
- In depth knowledge of Engineering mapping, layouts process, Project wise and good understanding of WMS system (WR creation, CUs, work components, WR closure) Preferred
- Prior experience supervising staff. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel to various company locations as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.