Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multi billion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Join a fast growing and dynamic team and support some of the largest and most innovative EV programs in the country (www.coned.com/ev).
- This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, demonstrate application of cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- Support a program to drive sales for Con Edison's EV programs.
- Support a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers, EV supply equipment (EVSE) developers, technology providers, industry partners, and the sales team.
- Build, maintain and create new relationships with customers, EVSE developers, technology providers, industry partners, and other stakeholders.
- Sell projects including the development and management of the sales cycle from lead generation to closing.
- Support and implement an effective sales strategy, and manage sales presentations and customer commitment documentation.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate performance against goals for sales.
- Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to the development of EVSE projects.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Hybrid work arrangement including reporting to Company headquarters at 4 Irving Place in New York City, as well as attending industry conferences and events, and in-person customer/developer meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of work experience (1H - Specialist).
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and writing skills. Required
- Sales, outreach, account management, or marketing experience. Required
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Required
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Public speaking experience. Preferred
- Technical writing skills. Preferred
- Experience with customer relationship management tools. Preferred
- Experience developing materials that enable effective interaction with customers, developers, and all levels of management. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.