Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence with the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) error avoidance tools are incorporated into daily work activities, cascaded, and made part of the fabric of doing work in order to achieve error free operation.
- Be committed to fostering a Zero Harm culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing Customers Experience.
- Be responsible for the direct supervision of System Operation NERC Compliance Program.
- Ensures that all applicable NERC obligations are met through the continuing development, recommendation, revision and/or implementation of operational strategies and required policies and procedures.
- Maintain a complete understanding of applicable NERC requirements and measures. Serve as the department SME for these requirements. Monitor System Operation's compliance with currently applicable NERC standards and work to ensure compliance under all applicable registrations (e.g., CIP and TOP).
- Monitor and report on status of compliance and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with NERC standards.
- Work to ensure the development and maintenance of required RSAWs needed to maintain compliance under applicable registrations (e.g., CIP, TOP).
- Develop and maintain automated processes and controls for compliance.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Compliance Management System (CMS), the Information Dashboard, and STO Calendar as applicable to the System Operations dept.
- Review and comment on revised NERC standards. Ensure continued compliance with such revised standards.
- Interface with designated organizations and departments at O&R and CECONY, and with vendors and contractors, to achieve sustainable compliance with all applicable NERC standards.
- Coordinate with the CECONY Compliance staff to prepare required submittals to regulatory agencies.
- Align System Operation's NERC Compliance Program with the corporate Compliance Management process and the RSA Archer Compliance Tracking System (CTS).
- Represent System Operation in NPCC and NERC compliance related working groups and committees. Work on compliance related issues both internal to Con Edison and with external organizations such as NYISO, NPCC, NERC, FERC and other neighboring TO's, CIP's, TOP's, and reliability coordinators.
- Participate in on-site, off-site self-certifications, spot checks, and audits. Ensure timely, accurate, and well-documented submittals of documentation to NPCC.
- Promote best practices and strong cybersecurity posture, follow procedures and guidelines, and ensure the full compliance of all EMS systems and applications with all applicable regulatory standards and departmental procedures and policies.
- Enforce the Department's change management process related to changes and software installation and ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Ensure the existence and fine tuning of policies and processes needed for immediately addressing urgent problem troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Take a lead role in the evaluation, implementation, support and maintenance of the systems and applications used for the purpose of ensuring the physical security of the control centers.
- Collaborate and work closely with customers to identify areas to enhance the customer experience.
- Participate in developing the vision for the system direction and manage the development of and migrating to new computer systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8 years relevant work experience or
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in drafting technical procedures, business process documents, or specifications for the electric power industry. Required
- 3 years of experience in a compliance related function. Required
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications. Required
- Familiarity with document management system such as SharePoint. Required
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential as well as the ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Required
- Be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of Con Edison's corporate values and mission. Required
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills, champion change and have the ability to influence others in order to improve the management process. Required
- Be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Required
- Experience with database engines such as SQL and reporting is preferred. Preferred
- Be familiar with application development lifecycle and common development preforms. Preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution and generation principles. Preferred
- Knowledge of the Con Edison electric service area transmission, distribution and power generating facilities. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- This position may require local and out of town travel and representation of the Company at industry meetings.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and available to be on call, work off shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as operating and system conditions require.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.