Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- WHO WE ARE:
- At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expect. So come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Come be a part of our Computer Operation team, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be on the cutting edge of designing, implementing and supporting the critical infrastructure systems and networks that power our great city. You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared and new ideas are welcomed.
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a lead role in the architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing operation of existing and new technologies and security tools.
- Participate in developing the vision for system direction and manage development of the migration to new computer systems.
- Uphold change management process related to changes for regulatory and departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools to ensure compliance with NERC CIP regulatory requirements and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and at least 4 years of relevant experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and at least 6 years of relevant experience or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and at least 8 years of relevant experience or
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 12 years of relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to computer networking and information technology. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Working knowledge of project management, cybersecurity, computer systems, application support and application support. Required
- Experience architecting and implementing new solutions to meet business needs. Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Preferred
- Experience with computer languages or scripting, and PowerShell. Preferred
- Experience with Anti-Virus Solutions such as Trend Micro Deep Security. Preferred
- Experience with Security Information Event manager solutions such as Splunk. Preferred
- Experience with firewalls such as Fortigate. Preferred
- Experience with Multi Factor Authentication Tools such as RSA. Preferred
- Experience with Endpoint Detection Response Tools such as Tanium. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.