Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Project Specialist is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Transmission Operation's Work Management Systems and will also work closely with consultants, manage contracts, and authorize payments for vendor contracts.
- Support department goals by:
- Develop and maintain interactive instruction guides;
- Perform work management training to Transmission Operation Personnel;
- Work with field crews to test and roll out mobile devices;
- Work with internal/external IT to test software and products;
- Manage IT Projects and work closely with IT consultant professionals;
- Seek opportunities for work management improvements based on customer demands;
- Develop projects scopes, bid out work packages and authorize payments;
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Manage/coordinate invoice processing and monitor contract related expenditures for budgetary impact.
- Oversee modification to business processes and information systems to enhance inventory tracking, including developing dashboard tools for users.
- Develop and present project status updates to senior leadership.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed within forecasted cost and schedule parameters.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Ensure compliance of IT infrastructure and security
- Conduct field visits for major construction projects to offer QA/QC improvements with a high emphasis on Human Performance Improvement (HPI)
- Complete annual compliance inspections using the DataSplice Inspections application and is required to build/modify inspections using DataSplice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science, Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering, or Mathematics and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience using Work Management System which consists of Maximo, GIS, Engage and DataSplice to collaborate and provide mobile capability to the field crews. Required
- Working knowledge of SQL data base management is desired Preferred
- Experience working with the development and negotiation of contracts, including terms, payment, and reconciliation of vendor invoices. Preferred
- Experience working in a project or program management office (PMO). Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and
- Project Demonstrated project management skills and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Demonstrated customer service skills and
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. and
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout the company service territory.
- Must be able and willing to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.