Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide architectural leadership focusing on data and database administration, including designing database schema and data integration
- Administer and configure Oracle GoldenGate 21c extracts/replicates, GoldenGate High Availability (HA) and integrate with monitoring tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Investigate, analyze and resolve technical issues and perform root cause analysis; configure error handling for restart, logging, production support, and status reporting; performance tune in GoldenGate replication environments
- Assess the impact of vendor vulnerability announcements and work to remediate any exposures
- Use database administration tools such as Performance Pack, SQL Navigator, TOAD, PL/SQL, and SQL Loader; run application and queries using AWR, ASH, ADDM, OEM and write custom scripts in UNIX/PERL; and perform database monitoring, replication and performance tuning
- Document database technical and conceptual specifications in support of migration strategies, assess risks and dependencies, and potential impact on business operations; analyze business requirements and presents solution options
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and with a minimum of (3) years of IT experience or
- Associate's Degree Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and with a minimum of (5) years of IT experience or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of (7) years of IT experience preferably in Information Technology
Relevant Work Experience
- Used Oracle GoldenGate and features/functions such as integrated capture, native DDL capture, coordinate apply mode, multi-threaded replicate Required
- Installed, configured, and supported GoldenGate 12c and higher, and GoldenGate downstream mining, and integrated components for replication; performed GoldenGate upgrades, replication, error resolution, and restarts Required
- Understands cybersecurity principles, controls over PII/sensitive data, and patch management strategies Required
- Administered Oracle Databases, Oracle HA (High Availability), Exadata, DataGuard; planned and implemented physical and logical structures of small to large databases Required
- Developed disaster recovery design/architecture; used High Availability and performed system failovers of GoldenGate and databases; performed database backups; used backup utilities such as expdp and impdp Required
- Developed written policy and procedures, job aids and/or instructions Required
Skills & Ability
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work in other company locations, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.