Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Directly supervises and trains the Department's technicians in the maintenance testing of substation relay protection systems, transmission and distribution equipment, local and supervisory controls and other equipment. Plan, prepare, implement and monitor schedules to complete all relay maintenance testing in accordance with NPCC, NERC, and Company compliance requirements.
- Directs the work force, prioritizes daily work assignments, and follows-up to ensure work is completed correctly, safely, economically and in compliance with specifications and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to technicians. Also provides guidance to Engineering, Operations and Maintenance and other field groups in support of routine (planned) and non-routine (emergency trouble-shooting) testing.
- Plans, coordinates and provides technical guidance for electrical construction projects requiring acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment and protection.
- Reviews, analyzes, and approves test results for routine and non-routine work in order to commission new or repaired equipment or systems.
- Coordinates all necessary training to ensure compliance with safety, environmental and operating procedures.
- Performs all administrative functions necessary to ensure proper operation of the local workout and office facilities, including time cards, material ordering, payroll and office operations.
- Ensures the work management system correctly reflects the department's work activities. Also, coordinates work with other groups and takes appropriate action to ensure work is completed in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
- Read, interpret and use various wiring diagrams, point-to-point prints and schematics
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology or Telecommunications Technology and A minimum of four years experience working with electric power systems is required for the Supervisor position or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology or Telecommunications Technology and A minimum of two years experience working with electric power systems is required for the Supervisor position
Relevant Work Experience
- Must possess the ability to become a subject matter expert for the operation and maintenance of protective relay systems, transmission and distribution equipment and electrical testing of protective relays and supervisory control systems. Required
- Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Additionally, should be familiar with Protest, Adept, AutoCAD and OSS. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills Required
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.