Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Familiarity with all the NERC CIP standards
- Maintain databases, records, passwords and baseline configurations associated with BES Cyber Systems
- Responsible for the designation and management of Electronic Security perimeters associated with BES Cyber Systems.
- Responsible for the management of System Security associated with BES Cyber Systems, which includes but not limited to patch management.
- Work to represent Substation Operations in NPCC and NERC related compliance issues both internal to Con Edison and with external organizations such as NYISO, NPCC, NERC, FERC and other neighboring TO's, TOP's and reliability coordinators.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on BES Cyber Systems
- Develop training modules for cyber security training program and aspects of Personnel Risk Assessment Program.
- Review and comment on revised NERC CIP standards. Develop required protocols and procedural revisions to address revised NERC CIP standards to ensure continued compliance with such revised standards.
- Perform other related task and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent type of degree and 4 years of relevant work experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent type of degree and 2 years of relevant work experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity and 2 years of relevant work experience in the fields of Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills Required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word Required
- Must have a basic understanding of information technology and/or computer engineering Required
- Must possess effective presentation skills Required
- Must demonstrate sound positive work ethics in support of Company's Corporate Values and Mission Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments Required
- Cybersecurity knowledge and experience is preferred Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.