Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Evaluation, testing, repairs, and calibrations on various electrical and electronic measuring instruments, as well as troubleshoot, diagnose and repair analog and digital control systems, circuitry, and devices.
- Safely use various electrical, mechanical, and electronic equipment and tools to perform assigned task/s.
- Follow and ensure compliance with all applicable Company policies and procedures.
- Perform high voltage testing on dielectric materials and equipment.
- Perform field diagnostics tests and technical studies for various Company facilities (i.e., sound level surveys, ground grid testing, and cad-weld testing, etc.).
- Build, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair automation systems, remote monitoring systems and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) equipment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with computer systems and competency in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat).
- Use of various computer applications to prepare and compile necessary technical reports and documentation of observations and test findings in corresponding reports and computer systems.
- Maintains records and logs of preventive calibration/maintenance activities.
- Ability to promote a strong safety culture and procedural adherence.
- Work as part of a diverse team to support an inclusive environment where teammates can speak up and share questions and concerns.
- Effectively communicate and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) protocols.
- Commitment to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence and effective cost management culture and enhancing the customer experience.
- Work independently, collaboratively, and ensure incorporation of Human Performance Improvements (HPI) tools into daily work.
- Ensures that all work is being performed in an effective manner and explores opportunities to enhance existing practices.
- Follows oral or written instructions and work assignments.
- Completes checklists and work orders as required.
- Maintains general cleanliness of work areas.
- Maintains all tools and equipment used on the job in good working order.
- Associate's Degree AAS in Electrical Technology or Equivalent or
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years Equivalent Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.