Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Drive the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) intiatives collboarating with the Geographic Information systems (GIS) teams and Business stakeholders, prioritizing GIS standards, testing tools, and application tower assessment.
- Drive focused GIS projects through TCoE established standards and protocols.
- See through the successful QA process standardization, tools standardization, resource standardization and testing service protocol development and execution of selected projects under the TCOE umbrella
- Guide and conduct reviews, coordinating with internal IT groups, GIS Functional team, business stakeholders, and vendors to address issues and bring about resolutions.
- Define and track TCoE testing KPIs, milestones and metrics in close partnership with the team.
- Establish technical standards and oversee application development lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with System Integrator for seamless TCoE organization formation.
- Focus on reducing defects across GIS projects, emphasizing testers' understanding of business operations.
- Serve as a primary TCOE Application / functional lead enhancing testers' business understanding through collaboration with SMEs and business units.
- Develop and implement centralized testing services process in collaboration with the SI, emphasizing business insights.
- Foster staff development, recommend technical training, and provide skill-building feedback for junior team members.
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures.
- Perform other related task and assignment as required.
- Master's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science and (2) years of IT experience Working experience in supporting IT infrastructure of a large user or
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science and (3) years of IT experience Working experience in supporting IT infrastructure of a large user or
- Associate's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science and (5) years of IT experience Working experience in supporting IT infrastructure of a large user or
- High School Diploma/GED and (7) years of IT experience Working experience in supporting IT infrastructure of a large user
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Experience leading Projects and teams Required
- Familiarity of the various development technologies such as web applications, mobile technologies, thick clients etc. and proficiency / working experience in one or more such technology Required
- Familiarity / understanding of N tier architecture and conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Big Data/Analytics, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS), mobile, sensors (Internet of Things).
- 2-5 years of experience using any one of the automation testing tools or work management tools: UFT or IBM Rational, MicroFocus ALM/Quality Center or Loadrunner, Microsoft DevOps Testing management, Citratest, JMeter, Selenium or any other state of the art tools and technologies Required
- 3-5 years of experience with testing or overseeing QA process for commercially available application suites
- 2-5 years experience as a Test/QA Manager or equivalent experience as a Test Lead Required
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements.
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop staff Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems, or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Strong skills and experience with MS Office or similar suite. Word Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project. Required
- Anticipate, identify and manage resolutions of critical obstacles Required
- Able to act as a coach and mentor for assigned team members with the ability to transfer knowledge to various audiences. Required
- Ability to present at different levels of management Required
- Organizing, planning, coordinating, and controlling the testing process and activities partnering with the Application tower Functional SMEs and Business stakeholders Required
- Developing and defining suitable test methods, tools, plans, and protocols Required
- Managing, supporting, and evaluating the testing team and resources Required
- Documenting and reporting the test results and quality goals Required
- Ensuring high-quality products are delivered to clients Required
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution Required
- Familiarity with Geographic information systems (GIS) or Electric/ Gas utility domain knowledge. Preferred
- Experience designing, developing, implementing technologies in one or more domains, e.g., applications or data.
- Experience in troubleshooting data flow components and applications to ensure seamless operation Preferred
- Ability to write and Optimize database queries to extract and manipulate data efficiently Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel to various Company locations within the O&R and Con Edison service territory.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.