Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- The Senior Specialist for Demand Response on the Targeted Demand Management team leads the execution of the Company's electric Demand Response programs, including design, operational, administrative, budgetary, marketing, performance analysis, reporting, process improvement, stakeholder engagement.
- This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, demonstrate application of cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- The Demand Response team manages dispatchable distributed energy resources that are located at the customer facilities (including curtailment and distributed generation). These resources provide peak shaving and reliability benefits to Con Edison's electric distribution systems. The team manages several demand response programs including: Commercial System Relief Program, Distribution Load Relief Program, Dynamic Load Management, and Bring Your Own Thermostat.
- The Senior Specialist will support the design and operations of the Con Edison demand response programs. Responsibilities may include regulatory support, program dispatch, performance analysis, reporting, marketing, stakeholder engagement, coordination with NYISO, and general program administration and operations. Must be comfortable with both technical and policy analysis.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Lead or assist in all aspects of program operation, analysis, and reporting. Operations include program design, enrollment processing, customer and vendor communication, data management and quality control.
- Lead or assist in the continued development of the Demand Response Management System (DRMS), the primary software used to administer DR programs, to support evolving operational needs.
- Manage budget and processes. Establish processes, policies, and procedures to make the Demand Response programs operate more efficiently.
- Prepare and present information on program status to senior management and other internal and external audiences. Present on demand response at conferences and to customers.
- Coordinate information flow between the Demand Response group and other departments.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Respond to requests from the department's Marketing and Sales teams.
- Manage various administrative and analytical functions in support of the measuring, reporting and implementation of comprehensive demand response to meet the Company's operations and business objectives and goals.
- Work with the New York Public Service Commission, NYISO, and other stakeholder organizations, to promote the interests of the Company and address any regulatory needs, including updating tariffs.
- Participate in the on-call roster during the summer (electric) capability periods.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Business, Environmental Studies, or related field and 3 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree Engineering, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Business, Environmental Studies, or related field and 3 years relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a service orientated work ethic with experience in managing multiple tasks and changing priorities. Required
- Strong communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills. Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Must have strong computer skills including Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Knowledge and/or work experience with other aggressive, competitive, market-driven utility energy efficiency and demand side management initiatives. Preferred
- Familiarity with demand response, utility strategy, ISO programs and how electricity is distributed to customers is preferred. Preferred
- Technical writing skills Preferred
- Experience with electric distribution system design or operations. Preferred
- Experience with: database management, software development and testing, demand and revenue forecasting, financial or economic modeling, SQL. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.