Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Drives commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have, and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Oversee all aspects of the Targeted Demand Management function including Non-Wires Solutions (NWS) Non-Pipeline Solutions (NPS) and Demand Response (DR) programs and lead the teams responsible for implementing demand management.
- Ensure continuous operational and process improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders such as various Engineering departments, Law, Customer Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Supply Chain, etc.
- Identify new business opportunities aligned with strategic objectives, develop business cases, and implementation plan to facilitate CLCPA goals.
- Identify issues, structure problems, and drive alignment across organizations and up to senior executive leadership.
- Oversee RFP and contracts for vendor selections and negotiations. Managed contracts, claims, budgets and change orders.
- Represent the Company's interests with external stakeholders, such as the New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff.
- Prepare Budget and financial forecast for current and future programs. Approve financial reporting metrics and help organization reach KPIs.
- Head up rate case filings and proceedings for demand management proposals.
- Develop presentations to communicate effectively with senior executives, regulators, and external stakeholders; Present on current trends at conferences and industry meetings.
- Assume other related work as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or Engineering and 8 years of experience or
- Master's Degree in Economics or Engineering or MBA. and 6 years of experience
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering is preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven leadership skills, innovation and ability to adapt to change are essential. Required and
- Experience Leading operational business segment or working in cross-functional teams as the lead with demonstrated success. Required and
- The candidate must have good communication, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear sense of accountability. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required and
- The ability to interact with all levels of management effectively and positively, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, etc. is essential in this dynamic position. Required and
- Must have work experience related to energy storage, functional knowledge of storage capabilities and monetizing assets. Required and
- Strong business acumen; understand company's business and energy storage strategy; knowledge of industry landscape, business issues and ability to assess implications to drive decision making to achieve positive outcomes. Required and
- Successfully drive results across a multi-discipline matrixed organization. Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to concurrently handle multiple assignments and projects, be able to implement process improvements, and able to aggressively meet deadlines. Required and
- The ability to conduct presentations to large audiences is an integral part of the job. Required and
- Excellent knowledge in computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Projects), as well as other company software systems is required. Required and
- A minimum of 10 years work experience including technical knowledge of Con Edison's electrical system, project management, and energy markets is preferred. Preferred and
- Knowledge of NYC, NYS, and NYISO energy storage rules, regulations, and goals is a strong plus. Preferred and
- Existing relationships across the many internal and external parties required for success a strong plus. Preferred and
- Experience in development of the company's storage strategy and storage solicitation a strong plus. Preferred and
- Experience designing, implementing, and negotiating storage projects in NYC a strong plus. Preferred and
- Knowledge of New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA). Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.